Environmental Contamination in West Virginia
Lawyers who fight for clean water, air and soil
Not only is pollution a concern, but other toxins such as Legionella bacteria (which can lead to Legionnaires’ disease) can also contaminate tap water in homes, hospitals, hotels, and other public facilities. Pollution can also silently infiltrate your water, air, soil, and home. These toxins and bacteria are exceedingly dangerous because they are tasteless, odorless, invisible, and often poorly understood by the medical establishment. In addition, you may not detect a problem until the contamination has caused severe, irreversible illness and your property has been destroyed or devalued.
Calwell Luce diTrapano PLLC does not accept pollution or other toxins as a fact of life, and we do not believe that your family and home should be sacrificed as collateral damage of a corporation’s profitable business plan. Our environmental attorneys aggressively pursue the maximum compensation available to you for harm to your health, property, and community.
Pollution in your home and community
You may have suffered from mysterious health symptoms but received only denials and indifference from the corporations you believed were responsible. Because corporations must often be prompted by court order to cooperate in an investigation, many of our contamination cases are brought about based on an initial suspicion of pollution that we set out to prove. Our goal is to provide you with answers as well as obtain financial and injunctive relief. Sources of contamination are listed below:
- Ground and well water — dioxins, furans, TCE, PCE and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Air — ground level ozone, particulate matter, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxides and lead
- Home and property — arsenic, dioxins, furans and other hazardous chemicals
- Community — hazardous chemicals and particulate matter
- Food source — pesticides, arsenic, lead, mercury, acrylamide, dioxins, PCBs, ethyl carbamate, furan, melamine, perchlorate and radionuclides
Our environmental attorneys also represent families whose homes have been damaged by storm water flooding resulting from wrongful mining or timbering of land.
How our environmental attorneys can help you
Our Charleston, WV firm fights for compensation and injunctive relief in every way allowed by law, often employing innovative methods to ensure that justice is served. Depending on your individual circumstances, our lawyers may:
- File a class action lawsuit on behalf of your town, community or neighborhood whose environment has been contaminated
- File a lawsuit on your behalf to recover compensation for personal injury or property contamination
- Seek court orders demanding that the negligent corporation immediately stop polluting and promptly clean up contaminated sites
- Advocate for the government to enforce regulations against pollution violators and apply just penalties to deter future wrongful acts
Consult our environmental lawyers about contamination of your West Virginia community, and damage to your home and health
For more information about environmental justice, call Calwell Luce diTrapano PLLC in Charleston at 304-400-6558 or contact our law firm online to schedule an appointment.